Inside Kama Ayurveda’s first Mumbai store in Bandra
Suburbans who have an affinity towards all things natural in skincare have a new hotspot—Kama Ayurveda’s first flagship in the city has opened in Bandra. Enter the Ayurvedic haven and your senses will be on the trajectory to the Indian gardens of ancient Vedic times—with its fragrant ingredients lingering the air—as the beautifying products sit on teak and rattan cabinetry and brass shelves.
Vogue tells you why the new Kama Ayurveda store is a must-visit:
- 1. The Kama arsenal includes oils and serums, cleansers and mists, along with haircare products and home incenses, and a separate range for men’s skincare—all chemical-free and taken from authentic, traditional ayurvedic remedies.
- 2. If you haven’t got your Vedas in place, you can book an appointment with their in-house doctor for a consultation—and get an in-depth understanding of your ayurvedic inclination.
- 3. The brand’s star product, Kumkumadi Brightening Ayurvedic Face Scrub (which also happens to be a Vogue Beauty Award winner)—with pure kumkumadi oil, a fluid containing 12 rare ingredients to fight fine lines and promote new cell growth—will be your staple for major exfoliation this monsoon.
- 4. The Natural Rose Soap—newly launched, this is made of rose essential oil with antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties, pure rose water to puriful and extra virgin coconut oil to relieve dryness and slough off dead skin.
- 5. The Himalayan Deodar Bath and Body Oil—from the deodar forests of the Himalayas, is a pure blend of cedar and organic almond oil, soya bean, wheat germ and castor oils, which will retain skin’s natural glow.
Kama Ayurveda has major plans to expand in Mumbai in 2015, with four more stores in the pipeline, across the city.
Kama Ayurveda Shop No.1, Manju Villa, Ground Floor, 246, Waterfield Road, Bandra (West), Mumbai
(As published in Vogue 15th June 2015)